Roasted Zucchini with Parmesan is a simple yet delicious side dish that is perfect for summer. This dish is easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes to cook. The zucchini is sliced and tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roasted in the oven until tender and golden brown. It is then topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a nutty and salty finish. The combination of the crispy zucchini and the creamy Parmesan cheese is a match made in heaven and is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.
Not only is Roasted Zucchini with Parmesan a delicious side dish, but it is also a healthy one. Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great option for those who are looking to eat healthier. It is also high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium, which are essential nutrients that support overall health. Adding Parmesan cheese to this dish not only gives it a burst of flavor but also adds calcium and protein to your meal. This dish is versatile and can be served with grilled chicken or fish, or as a vegetarian main dish over a bed of quinoa or couscous.
Are you looking for a tasty and healthy side dish for your next meal? Look no further than roasted zucchini with parmesan! This dish is simple to prepare and packed with flavor, making it the perfect addition to any meal. In this article, we will go over everything you need to know to make this delicious dish, from the ingredients you’ll need to the step-by-step instructions for preparing it. So let’s get started!
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wash the zucchinis and cut off both ends.
4. Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise.
5. Cut each half into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
6. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini slices with olive oil, salt, and black pepper until well coated.
7. Spread the zucchini slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and lightly browned.
9. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the top of the roasted zucchini.
10. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden.
11. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve the roasted zucchini immediately.
While roasted zucchini with parmesan is delicious on its own, there are many variations you can try to add some variety to the dish. Here are a few ideas:
Lemon and Garlic Roasted Zucchini, For a tangy and flavorful twist, add some freshly squeezed lemon juice and minced garlic to the olive oil mixture before tossing the zucchini slices.
Balsamic Roasted Zucchini, For a sweeter take on the dish, drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the roasted zucchini slices before adding the parmesan cheese.
Spicy Roasted Zucchini, If you like your food with a kick, sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the zucchini slices before roasting them in the oven.
Roasted zucchini with parmesan is a delicious and healthy side dish that’s perfect for any meal. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy-to-follow instructions, you can have a flavorful and nutritious dish ready in no time. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
1. Can I use other types of cheese instead of parmesan?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer or have on hand. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the dish may change.
2. Can I prepare the zucchini ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the zucchini ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to roast it.
3. How long does roasted zucchini with parmesan last in the refrigerator?
Roasted zucchini with parmesan can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
4. Can I roast the zucchini on a grill instead of in the oven?
Yes, you can grill the zucchini slices instead of roasting them in the oven. Just place them on a preheated grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
5. What are some other herbs or spices that can be added to the dish?
You can experiment with adding other herbs or spices such as thyme, rosemary, or paprika to the olive oil mixture before tossing the zucchini slices.