Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a flavorful twist on the classic side dish. The addition of roasted garlic adds a subtle sweetness and depth of flavor to the creamy mashed potatoes. Roasting garlic is a simple process that brings out its natural sweetness and mellow flavor. To make the roasted garlic, simply cut the top off of a whole head of garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and roast in the oven until the cloves are soft and caramelized. The roasted garlic is then mashed into the potatoes along with butter, cream, and seasonings to create a rich and delicious side dish.
This recipe is perfect for serving with roasted meats or as a side dish for a holiday meal. It can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or on the stovetop. To make the dish even more flavorful, you can add herbs such as rosemary or thyme, or even a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a comforting and delicious side dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Are you tired of the same old mashed potatoes? Try adding roasted garlic for a delicious twist! This recipe for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 lbs potatoes (Yukon Gold or Russet)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Peel and chop the potatoes into small pieces.
3. Cut the top off the head of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
4. Roast the garlic in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
5. While the garlic is roasting, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
6. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
7. Add the milk and butter to the pot and mash with a potato masher or fork.
8. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the cloves and add to the pot.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don’t overmix the potatoes as this can result in a gummy texture. For a smoother consistency, use a food processor or blender to mash the potatoes. Add more milk if you prefer a creamier texture.
Garnish with chopped chives or parsley for a pop of color.
Try using different types of potatoes such as sweet potatoes or red potatoes. Add other ingredients such as sour cream, cheddar cheese, or bacon bits for extra flavor. Make it vegan by using plant-based milk and butter alternatives.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a tasty and simple side dish that will elevate any meal. With just a few ingredients and easy steps, you can create a flavorful twist on a classic dish. Give it a try and impress your guests!
1. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to 2 days in advance and store in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
2. Can I use a different type of milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
3. Can I freeze mashed potatoes?
Yes, you can freeze mashed potatoes for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
4. Can I add other herbs or spices to this recipe?
Yes, feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices such as thyme, rosemary, or paprika.
5. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4-6 servings depending on portion size.