Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a delicious and easy-to-make vegetarian sandwich that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. This recipe takes the classic grilled cheese sandwich to the next level by adding roasted broccoli, which gives the sandwich a delicious crunch and a boost of nutrients. The sandwich is made with crusty bread, sharp cheddar cheese, and roasted broccoli that is seasoned with garlic and red pepper flakes for added flavor.
To make this recipe, you start by roasting the broccoli in the oven with olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes until it’s crispy and tender. Then, you assemble the sandwich by layering the cheese, roasted broccoli, and more cheese between two slices of bread. The sandwich is then grilled until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. The result is a comforting and satisfying sandwich that is perfect for a quick and easy meal.
This recipe can easily be customized to your liking by adding in other vegetables such as sliced tomatoes or red onion. You can also experiment with different types of cheese such as gouda or brie for a different flavor profile. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and nutritious twist on a classic sandwich.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make a delicious Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 2 slices of bread (your choice)
- 2-3 slices of your preferred cheese (cheddar, American, or pepper jack work well)
- 1/2 cup roasted broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Here’s how to make a delicious Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccoli florets on it.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Roast the broccoli for 20-25 minutes, until it is tender and lightly browned.
6. While the broccoli is roasting, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
7. Place one slice of bread in the skillet and top with the cheese slices.
8. Once the cheese is melted, add the roasted broccoli on top.
9. Top the broccoli with the second slice of bread.
10. Grill the sandwich until both sides are crispy and the cheese is melted.
11. Remove the sandwich from the skillet and let it cool for a minute or two.
12. Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!
Here are some tips and tricks for making the perfect Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
Use your favorite bread for the sandwich. Sourdough, wheat, and rye all work well. Experiment with different cheeses to find your favorite combination. Smoked gouda, brie, and fontina all work well. Add some extra veggies to the sandwich. Sliced tomato, avocado, or red onion would all be delicious additions. Use a panini press or a George Foreman grill to make the sandwich even crispier.
The Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a delicious and healthy twist on a classic favorite. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a mouth-watering sandwich that everyone in your family will love. Experiment with different cheeses, veggies, and breads to find your perfect combination. Enjoy!
1. Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?
It’s best to use fresh broccoli for this recipe, as frozen broccoli tends to be too watery.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely! Experiment with different cheeses to find your perfect combination.
3. Can I add meat to the sandwich?
Sure! Sliced turkey, ham, or chicken would all be delicious additions.
4. Can I make this sandwich ahead of time?
This sandwich is best enjoyed immediately after it’s made, but you can store the roasted broccoli in the fridge for a few days.
5. Can I use a different type of bread?
Of course! Any type of bread will work for this recipe, but we recommend using a sturdy bread that won’t fall apart during grilling.