Pineapple Fried Rice is a flavorful and colorful Thai dish that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. This recipe combines sweet and savory flavors by using fresh pineapple, soy sauce, and spices. The dish is made with jasmine rice, which is cooked with onions, garlic, and red bell peppers. Then, the pineapple is added in along with scrambled eggs, cashews, and green onions. The dish is finished off with a sprinkle of cilantro and a wedge of lime for added freshness.
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and tasty meal. Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C and manganese, while cashews provide healthy fats and protein. The dish is also vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. Plus, it’s easy to make in large batches and can be reheated for leftovers throughout the week.
If you want to add some extra protein, you can add in some tofu, shrimp, or chicken. You can also adjust the spice level to your liking by adding more or less red pepper flakes. This recipe is a great way to switch up your usual rice dishes and enjoy a sweet and savory twist.
Before you get started, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
Now that you have all your ingredients, it’s time to start cooking! Follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the red bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the pineapple and cashews to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the pineapple is slightly caramelized.
4. Push the mixture to one side of the skillet and crack the eggs into the empty space. Scramble the eggs until they are fully cooked.
5. Add the rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, curry powder, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
7. Continue cooking the rice for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is heated through and slightly crispy.
8. Top the rice with the green onions and serve hot.
Use day-old rice: Freshly cooked rice can be too moist for fried rice. If possible, use rice that’s been cooked and refrigerated for at least a day. Use a wok if possible: A wok distributes heat more evenly than a regular skillet, which can help ensure your rice cooks evenly. Customize your recipe: This recipe is very customizable. If you don’t like cashews, try using peanuts or almonds instead. You can also add other veggies like carrots, peas, or corn.
Pineapple fried rice is a delicious and unique twist on traditional fried rice. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes. So why not give it a try tonight?
1. Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
Yes, you can use brown rice instead of white rice. Just keep in mind that the texture may be a bit different.
2. Is pineapple fried rice spicy?
This recipe isn’t very spicy, but you can add more curry powder or red pepper flakes if you like a bit of heat.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
4. Can I use frozen pineapple instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen pineapple instead of fresh. Just be sure to thaw it before using.