Mushroom pasta with spinach is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. This recipe combines tender pasta with earthy mushrooms and flavorful spinach, creating a dish that is both hearty and healthy. The pasta is cooked until it is al dente, then mixed with sautéed mushrooms and garlic, wilted spinach, and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce.
To make this recipe, start by cooking your pasta according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté sliced mushrooms and minced garlic in some olive oil until the mushrooms are tender and the garlic is fragrant. Add in a handful of fresh spinach and cook until it is wilted. Finally, stir in a simple sauce made from butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese, and toss the sauce with the cooked pasta and vegetables. This mushroom pasta with spinach is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for busy weeknights when you want something quick and easy, yet still flavorful and nutritious.
Are you a fan of pasta and looking for a new recipe to try? Look no further than this delicious and easy-to-make Mushroom Pasta with Spinach recipe. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
6. Add cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Use any type of pasta you like, such as spaghetti, penne, or fettuccine. Substitute half-and-half or milk for heavy cream to lighten the dish. Add cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a protein boost. For extra flavor, add sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers to the dish.
This Mushroom Pasta with Spinach recipe is a winner for both taste and nutrition. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Experiment with different pasta shapes and additions to make this dish your own.
1. Can I use frozen spinach instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen spinach in this recipe. Just be sure to thaw and drain it well before adding it to the skillet.
2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Reheat the sauce in a skillet over low heat and cook the pasta separately before combining them.
3. Can I use other types of mushrooms?
Yes, you can use any type of mushrooms you like, such as shiitake, portobello, or oyster mushrooms.
4. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 4 servings.
5. Can I use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can use half-and-half or milk to lighten the dish. Just keep in mind that the sauce will be thinner and not as creamy.