Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Labneh is a simple yet delicious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet potatoes are coated in a mixture of honey, olive oil, and spices, and then roasted until tender and caramelized. The labneh adds a creamy tanginess that balances the sweetness of the potatoes perfectly. This dish is easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time, making it a great choice for busy weeknights or holiday dinners.
Labneh is a thick, creamy yogurt that is commonly used in Middle Eastern cuisine. It is made by straining regular yogurt to remove the whey, which results in a thicker and more concentrated product. The tanginess of the labneh complements the sweetness of the honey and the earthy flavor of the sweet potatoes, making for a perfectly balanced dish. The hazelnuts add a crunchy texture and a nutty flavor that enhances the overall taste of the dish. This recipe is not only delicious but also healthy, as sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals, and labneh is lower in fat and calories than sour cream or mayonnaise.
Sweet potatoes are a versatile root vegetable that can be cooked in many ways. In this recipe, we will be roasting sweet potatoes with honey and serving them with labneh, a tangy and creamy Middle Eastern yogurt. This dish is perfect as a side dish or a vegetarian main course.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Labneh (yogurt cheese)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, honey, paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
7. Serve the honey roasted sweet potatoes with a dollop of labneh and garnish with fresh parsley.
Cut the sweet potatoes into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking.
Use a high-quality olive oil for the best flavor. If you don’t have labneh, you can substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream. Add a sprinkle of chopped nuts or seeds for extra crunch.
Honey roasted sweet potatoes with labneh is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet and savory flavors of the roasted sweet potatoes pair perfectly with the tangy and creamy labneh. This recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
1. What is labneh?
Labneh is a Middle Eastern yogurt cheese that is made by straining yogurt until it becomes thick and creamy.
2. Can I use regular yogurt instead of labneh?
Yes, you can substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream for labneh.
3. How do I store leftover sweet potatoes and labneh?
Store the sweet potatoes and labneh separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
4. Can I use other root vegetables instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes, you can use other root vegetables such as carrots or parsnips in this recipe.
5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can roast the sweet potatoes ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving. The labneh can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.