Hasselback potatoes are a delightful side dish that looks impressive but is actually quite easy to make. The technique involves slicing the potatoes thinly and roasting them with flavorful ingredients, resulting in a crispy exterior and tender interior. In this recipe, the potatoes are coated with garlic and herb butter before baking, adding even more delicious flavor. The result is a dish that’s crispy, buttery, and perfectly seasoned.
The dish can be served with a variety of main dishes, making it a versatile side that’s perfect for dinner parties, family gatherings, or a special weeknight meal. It’s also a great way to use up extra potatoes and elevate them to a new level of deliciousness. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress and become a favorite in your repertoire.
Are you tired of plain old baked potatoes? Try this delicious recipe for Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic and Herb Butter. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these potatoes are loaded with flavor and are sure to impress your family and guests. Follow these simple steps to create this delectable dish.
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
2. Wash the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Cut off a small slice from the bottom of each potato to create a flat surface to prevent them from rolling around.
4. Using a sharp knife, make thin slices (1/8 inch apart) along the top of the potato, taking care not to cut all the way through.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and chopped thyme.
6. Brush the garlic and herb butter mixture generously over each potato, making sure to get in between the slices.
7. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
10. Serve the Hasselback Potatoes hot and enjoy the delicious flavors of the garlic and herb butter.
Use a mandoline slicer to create even slices on the potatoes. Experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique flavor profile. For a variation, try adding grated parmesan cheese or crispy bacon on top of the potatoes before baking.
Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic and Herb Butter are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that will impress your family and guests. With a crispy exterior and tender interior, these potatoes are bursting with flavor and will leave you wanting more. Try this recipe for your next family dinner or special occasion.
1. Can I use a different type of potato for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of potato that you prefer. Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes work well for this recipe.
2. Can I prepare the garlic and herb butter mixture in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just be sure to bring it to room temperature before brushing it on the potatoes.
3. Can I make Hasselback Potatoes ahead of time and reheat them later?
Yes, you can make the potatoes ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 350°F (177°C) for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Can I make Hasselback Potatoes on the grill?
Yes, you can make the potatoes on the grill by placing them on a sheet of aluminum foil and cooking them over indirect heat for about 45-60 minutes.
5. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 6 servings.