This easy meat lasagna recipe is a crowd-pleasing classic that will leave everyone satisfied. The dish features layers of tender lasagna noodles, hearty ground beef, and a rich tomato sauce that is made from scratch. The cheese filling is made with a blend of ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese, which gives the dish a creamy and indulgent flavor. The lasagna is then baked until golden and bubbly, creating a satisfying and delicious meal.
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. You can add in your favorite vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, or zucchini, or switch out the ground beef for ground turkey or sausage. Plus, this recipe is great for feeding a crowd or making ahead of time for easy weeknight dinners. It’s a classic comfort food that never goes out of style.
This easy meat lasagna recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a potluck party. It’s a great way to enjoy a homemade meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, the leftovers are just as delicious the next day, making it a perfect option for meal prep. Give this recipe a try and you’ll see why lasagna is a timeless favorite.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious meat lasagna:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Follow these easy steps to make your own delicious meat lasagna:
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Step 2: Brown the Ground Beef
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent.
Step 3: Add the Sauce and Seasonings
Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, water, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Cook the Lasagna Noodles
While the sauce is simmering, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
Step 5: Assemble the Lasagna
Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place 4 of the cooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese over the noodles, then sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat these layers, starting with the sauce mixture and ending with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Step 6: Bake the Lasagna
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the lasagna is heated through.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy!
Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations:
Here are some tips and variations to help you make the perfect meat lasagna:
1. If you prefer a meatier lasagna, you can use up to 2 pounds of ground beef.
2. For a vegetarian option, you can substitute the ground beef with cooked spinach or mushrooms.
3. You can also add additional vegetables, such as chopped bell peppers or zucchini, to the sauce mixture for added flavor and nutrition.
4. Make sure to cook the lasagna noodles al dente, or slightly undercooked, so that they don’t become mushy when baked in the sauce.
5. To save time, you can use no-boil lasagna noodles, which don’t require pre-cooking. Simply layer them in the baking dish and add extra sauce to ensure they cook properly.
6. If you have leftovers, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw the lasagna in the refrigerator overnight and bake at 375°F (190°C) until heated through.
Making an easy meat lasagna doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal for your family or friends. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is sure to impress. So why not give it a try and see for yourself?
1. Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe?
Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef if you prefer.
2. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
Absolutely! Just keep in mind that the flavors may be slightly different and you may need to use more fresh herbs than dried.
3. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
4. Can I make this lasagna ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
5. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with other types of cheese such as cheddar or provolone.