Croissant Breakfast Casserole with Sausage is a delicious and satisfying breakfast dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch or a special occasion. This recipe features croissants, sausage, eggs, and cheese, all baked together in a casserole dish to create a warm and comforting breakfast that is sure to please everyone at the table. The croissants add a flaky and buttery texture to the dish, while the sausage provides a savory and flavorful element.
To make this dish, start by browning sausage in a pan until it is cooked through. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Cut croissants into small pieces and arrange them in a greased casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants, making sure to cover them evenly. Add cooked sausage and shredded cheese on top of the egg mixture, and bake in the oven until everything is hot and bubbly. This Croissant Breakfast Casserole with Sausage recipe is a delicious and filling breakfast dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd.
If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast casserole that’s perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or even for meal prep during the week, then look no further than this recipe for a croissant breakfast casserole with sausage. With layers of flaky croissants, savory sausage, gooey cheese, and rich eggs, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 large croissants, sliced in half
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Follow these simple steps to make this delicious croissant breakfast casserole:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, cook the breakfast sausage over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until well combined.
5. Arrange the sliced croissants in the prepared baking dish in a single layer, slightly overlapping them.
6. Sprinkle half of the cooked sausage over the croissants.
7. Sprinkle half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the sausage.
8. Pour half of the egg mixture evenly over the cheese and sausage layers.
9. Repeat the layers with the remaining sausage, cheese, and egg mixture.
10. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown and set in the center.
12. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can use any type of breakfast sausage that you prefer for this recipe. If you want to make this casserole ahead of time, you can prepare it up to step 8, cover it with foil, and refrigerate it overnight. When you’re ready to bake it, remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can add diced bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms to the sausage mixture for extra flavor and texture. If you prefer a spicier casserole, you can use spicy breakfast sausage or add some crushed red pepper flakes to the egg mixture. For a vegetarian version, you can omit the sausage and add some sautéed spinach or kale to the layers instead.
This croissant breakfast casserole with sausage is a delicious and hearty way to start your day. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. Whether you’re hosting a brunch or just want to enjoy a cozy breakfast at home, this casserole is sure to become a new favorite.
1. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the casserole up to step 8 and refrigerate it overnight. Just let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking it the next day.
2. Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze leftovers for up to 2 months.
3. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer or have on hand. Gouda or Swiss cheese would be delicious substitutes.
4. Can I use pre-made croissant dough?
Yes, you can use pre-made croissant dough instead of whole croissants. Just follow the package instructions for baking and then slice them in half for the casserole.
5. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can use bacon or ham instead of breakfast sausage if you prefer.